Portico Consulting is an independent management consultancy to not for profit, public sector, education, and health and social care organisations. Portico Consulting was founded in 2000 by an established team of consultants who had worked together in a leading public sector consultancy for several years.
Our consultancy practice undertakes a range of business and IT consultancy assignments supporting organisational development, service improvement, efficiency improvements, IT strategy, and supporting national initiatives and regulation.
Our technical services practice designs and develops a range of specialist and bespoke software solutions, often working alongside the consultancy practice to meet the needs of our clients. We also provide technical consultancy and advice.
Business and IT consultancy services
Typical areas of work carried out by our consultancy practice are:
- Strategic consultancy
- Organisational reviews
- Governance reviews and advice
- Information and IT strategy
- Options appraisals and business case development
- IT planning and advice
- Support and guidance with IT/technology related recruitment
- Systems requirements and design
- Process mapping and process reengineering
- Implementation planning and implementation management
- Benefits realisation and planning
- Programme and project management
Portico Consulting has undertaken a wide range of specialist technical and technology studies as well as providing bespoke software development and integration services. We draw on extensive experience of the underpinning information technologies, and on experience of the design, planning and implementation of large-scale IT systems. We have specific expertise in systems and integration architectures (including, for example, integration engines and HL7) intranet & internet, security, networking & communications; and in the development testing and deployment of IT solutions. We can help with:
- Technical strategies, reviews and specialist studies
- Options appraisals and evaluations
- System and service specification and implementation
- Software development and systems integration
- Data migration and data cleansing
In addition to providing bespoke software development and support in a number of sectors, in education we also provide the leading software product for awarding organisations - Quartz. Quartz clients benefit from comprehensive functionality, first class support, significant business efficiencies and automated integration with national IT systems. Click here to open the Quartz website.